Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

I try not to think about it too much. It literally happened right across the river from me. I was at school still sleeping when someone came in and told me and sure enough I didn't believe it. That is until I turned the TV on and people came running in telling me they could see it from the parking deck across the street. Tragedy. They were talking about it on the radio and I couldn't believe that even still after 7 years I started crying like a baby. All the pictures flooding back into my head. Then I come to work and two of the ladies are like it's enough already, give it a break. It's been so long let it go. Like hello that was a serious serious thing that happened during our lifetime. Something I hope to never experience again of course. But it's something I will never forget even when I look at the clock and it just happens to be 9:11 I always think about it. When you see trucks passing by with memorials on them. It's just a way of life now. It will always be at the back of our minds even more so for us over here on the east coast across the river in New Jersey where everyone could witness it firsthand without the dangers. Knowing people who could have/might have been/would have been there at that moment and what could have/did/might have happened to them. It's just a hard realization of reality that I don't wish on anyone. All my prayers go out to everyone who's lives were touched by this travesty. (and to the ladies at work who don't read this anyway .. it's OK to say every one's name every fucking year if they want to. I bet if it was your family you would only want the same thing, remembrance. That's all they are looking for. Shame on you for thinking people should get over it. People are still not and will not ever be over it. Ever.)

No comments: