Monday, May 5, 2008

Dream

Last night I had a dream about you. I was staying at a hotel somewhere visiting from somewhere else. I remember that because I saw a coke machine in the hallway. Strange I know I must have been thirsty. So I went to visit your sister. Hoping I would see you there, but I had just missed you. I had told your sister where I was staying and I guess she told you too because next thing I know you're knocking at my door. And you walking into the room sitting in the chair all I can think of is how much I used to like you when we were young. It's unbelievable how time has changed us, how things could be so different. How not close we are anymore. We sit and talk and chat about life in general and everything else seems to disappear. It's as if we are the only ones who exist in this world. It's such a magical feeling that I miss. The nerves, the butterflies, the magicalness in the air it's strange and beautiful. I walk you to the door to say goodnight you put your hand on my face in that soft way that you see in movies. We look into each other's eyes and we just look for a few minutes. We give each other a really strong hug. After you leave I start searching for you, this is when I see the coke machine so I know where I'm at. And I'm wandering the streets, just looking everywhere. I don't know what it is but I just woke up and I wanted it to continue I wanted to see what would happen next. I knew we had a connection, in my mind we will probably always have a connection but nothing will ever come of it. We've made separate lives. Perhaps if I had answered differently that one day that you asked me if I felt something for you, if I would have said yes our lives would have been so different. But the would have should have could have and did nots is all we have now. I wonder if you feel the same way sometimes. I saw you the other day (not literally the other day more like the other month a while ago). You were single, I'm not. And we digress. I really wanted to try so hard to go back to sleep, but it just wasn't happening. I don't know why you popped into my mind but you did. Strange what we dream of, they say it's what's on you're mind or what's going on. But I wasn't even remotely thinking of you as far as I know, but obviously I must have been lol. Time will tell if our paths shall cross again, if not in reality then at least in a dream state. I almost sent you a message to tell you I had a dream but then I thought hmm how many women must tell you that lol. Any who enough of this gibberish, I'll see you in my dreams.

No comments: