Monday, May 21, 2007

My Weekends ...

always revolve around what Kirk wants to do. It seems that his friends are always doing something. And I really don't mind going there sometimes, but it's like every weekend. I know we should go there just for the mere fact of socializing with people who aren't related to me lol, but sometimes I just want Kirk to take the baby and let me scrap a whole day. I mean there are sooo many things that I want to get done but he just doesn't help and doesn't let me. Usually I have to wait till after 10 when she's asleep and I can try and get some stuff done, but it ain't easy that's for sure. One day it will happen, I have faith in that hehe I just don't think it's anytime soon. Maybe I should go to one of those retreats or something. But then I know I will forget something and wish I was home to get it. Plus I hate going places like that (social gatherings) alone, it's just not me. I need a crutch.

Anyway this weekend was a little rainy on Saturday but I really wanted to take Isabella to the carnival that they have every year, so we couldn't go because of rain. But, Sunday was absolutely beautiful. We didn't go, we went to his friends house. Figures. One day I'll be able to take her, maybe in two years haha. Let's see what happens next weekend, because it's a long weekend, YIPEE to Memorial weekend!!!! Cause I hear the pool calling my name. (it better be f'n nice outside lol)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I also don't like going to social gatherings alone, but I've realized that I need to get over that or my life will always revolve around what other people want to do. That's not to say I'm completely comfortable all the time with it, but I'm getting better. Since Justin is still on crutches, he never wants to go to festivals or fairs or anything like that which would involve walking a lot...(unless, of course, it is something that really interests him)...so I just go by myself or with my mom or I take the kiddo.

Also, next weekend, when Kirk wants to go to his friends' house. Just say, "OK, have fun, take Isabella, I have some scrapping I want to do." :)

Amy said...

Well I wished we lived closer together and I'd totally be your crutch...heck I'd even watch Isa.

I hope you have better weather than we had so far this weekend. It has rained every day.