Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Dr.s Offices and the People who work there!

Ok so I've gotten a bill twice saying to call my insurance for a procedure I did in December when I had to go to the emergency room. So I call my insurance and they tell me to call the provider well no that's a lie I called the person on the bill (provider) and then they told me to call the insurance, which I proceeded to do. Then the insurance tell me you shouldn't have a bill we already paid it, did they receive so and so amount call them back and ask. So I called them back and asked and they said when you have an emergency visit you have two bills one for the doctor and one for the hospital. The bill my insurance was talking about was for the hospital so that's nill and void, so they tell me to call the insurance back and ask about the doctor bill. So I call the insurance back and they tell me it's through so and so plan and that the doctor is part of the plan so the bill is a discounted amount through the plan. So I call the provider back and tell them what the insurance says how the amount is not my responsability and that the doc is through the plan, which then the lady gets on the phone and says no the doctor is not in the plan, I tell them that's what the insurance tells me, I mean I don't know what else to do they said if you want you can give them a call to figure out what's going on. So she's like ugh fine I'll give them a call and I'll call you back. I'm like if your going to call me back now I'm at a different number so she was all annoyed by that (the whole time I'm on the phone with the provider people both woman are total bitches and sound very annoyed that I'm even bothering them with this menial task). I tell her that I'm going back and forth here, I call you, you tell me to call them, I call them they tell me to then call you. This of course happened like three times, so I've made already six calls between the two of them. So I'm like well you can call them if you want and talk to them to see what's up. Duh hello, why didn't you call them to begin with to see why they didn't pay the bill instead of telling me to call my insurance for them to only tell me to call them right back. It's all very confusing and now I have a headache and don't want to talk to either of them and am now waiting for the bitch to call me back and tell me if I need to pay this back or not.

But my rant is one why did I have to make so many calls when they could have called each other to begin with and two why do they have to be so damn rude when I was quite nice to them and polite. I don't know what's going on do I look like I'm in medical billing NO, so get on it and do your job and stop huffin and puffin cause I'm actually making you do some work. Geezus people are annoying. I can't stand them sometimes.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Service people can be just the opposite of what their titles say. Customer service would imply they are their to help the customers...but as you've just reported they aren't! I hope you had a better day today.