Tuesday, January 8, 2008

No Such thing as Security

In the job that is. Everyday I come to work and I wonder if today is going to be the day they let everyone go. Not because I do a bad job (because even though I watch TV and chat all day online I still get my work done quickly and efficiently), but because our company seems to be doing not so great. First we get bought out after the many rumors of us closing down. Then today I find out that we lost a major account (I didn't do much work for them but still) now that's not so bad until I find out that another account is also up in the air. A major account that I actually do a shitload of work for. They say there are supposed to hear what is going to happen the end of the second week of January (which is this week). They too were bought out by another company. So my life hangs in the balance and honestly I'm a little scared shitless because I don't want to start over again you know. I've been here five years. That's a long time invested in one place but maybe it is time to move on to better things. We'll see what happens I'm just going to go with the flow and if the time comes I will hope for a good severance LOL.

2 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

I am in this same boat...You wouldn't happen to work in home mortgages do you?

Cathy De Los Santos said...

No, the fickle Food industry with their constant shady characters haha.