Thursday, January 31, 2008

No internet!!! That's blasphemy!!

Don’t you hate when the internet is not working at work, and you have no work to do and there is nothing on you’re computer that you can really interact with cause all the good stuff is online. That just seriously sucks so here I am on Word writing my blog that I will post later if the internet starts working again. Our email works, our company website works but our internet does not. Bummer. So what shall I talk about today to pass the time? Good question because I have no idea.

Tonight is Lost and I can’t wait, FINALLY its back! Last time we left off was Through the Looking Glass. Charlie was killed; Desmond was still in the tank so let’s see if he survived which I’m sure he did I think I saw him in the previews. The survivors contacted Naomi’s boat which it looks like are not people who are there to save them. Should be interesting why they want “the others” so bad. I wish I could watch a couple of the previous episodes right now but unfortunately the internet is still down... 2 hrs later and still counting. Last night after Ghost Hunters was a show called UFO Hunters (I guess it’s a play off of Ghost Hunters with the same format but they are looking for UFO’s and to disprove them). Well that episode (not sure if it’s a new show but I think it might be) was based in NJ. I thought it was funny to see people from NJ thinking they saw a UFO like anything interesting ever really happens in NJ lol. This one dude I swear to you he thinks he was abducted, I was like ok wacko, next! Lol. We have air force bases in NJ that’s prob what it was and they won’t tell you because I’m sure it’s top secret just like everything else the government does. But still it was interesting to listen to. American Idol was alright it wasn’t all that last night. It’s getting so boring they really need to change it up or just cancel it all together. The majority of the people who actually try out for the show shouldn’t be singing at all. They are sooo weird and swear they are the shiznit when they aren’t. I thought Project Runway was new, but it wasn’t because I had already seen that episode, isn’t it on new episodes on Wednesday? New seasons of a couple of my fav reality shows are coming back soon. Big Brother 9, Survivor and America’s Next Top Model.

I wish I had a cubby. But instead I just have an open desk with another open desk in front of me. At least my back is to the wall so no one can go behind me and actually see that I pretty much almost never do any work because I never have anything to do.

Fuckin A!! I wish I had internet I’m going bananas over here. It’s already been three hours of me pretending to do work which let me tell you without internet it’s pretty fuckin hard, obviously I’m cursing so I’m getting more and more irritated by the minute. Everything I think of doing I need the internet for. OMG how did we ever live without this? Seriously, I can’t imagine not being in the information age where you can find the answer to almost anything on the internet. It’s an addiction that everyone has, well almost everyone. Those that wish not to conform are on their own. I don’t know if I could have lived back in the day, without computers, phones, television, or anything significant in technology. Like toilets, seriously I know some people still don’t use toilets in other countries but I couldn’t imagine it. I’ve never been camping before someone says something about that. I am spoiled with our day and age, and don’t worry I’m sure our kids will be even more spoiled because when I was in school we didn’t all have computers of our own, we had to pay for the bus, everyone didn’t have a cell phone. I didn’t get one till I was I think a sophomore or freshman in college. And even then I had to sneak buy one and then tell my dad, he made me return it and got me a better one. LOL. Every generation makes their mark, I don’t know what ours is but I couldn’t live without the things we have grown accustomed to, like the internet. Now someone go and fix it …. I’m really bored.

1.5 more hours and I go to lunch, I at least hope by the time I get back that it will be fixed otherwise holy hell what have they been doing all damn long other than trying to fix this issue. This is a pretty big one because people could lose their orders if they don’t have it written down somewhere. I seriously feel like taking a nap. Just closing my eyes and starting to snore but again I don’t have an office or a cubby. Sometimes I wonder fi that’s what they do when they close their office door if they take a nap in there especially when they have couches in there. I could totally see some of the managers doing that but of course they would never admit it since it’s against company rules.

Ok I might have just been caught with my eyes closed … but who cares, I know I don’t!

IT’S BACK!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

I would die without it

Cathy De Los Santos said...

I almost did ... I was --This close to stabbin myself in the eye.

CarolynBBDish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CarolynBBDish said...

i was just looking at my site stats, and found your blog linking to my bb8dish blog. :) thank you! very sweet of you!

bb9dish.blogspot.com is up n running now, too.

xo,
DishChickCarolyn

p.s. i typo'd the 1st time, so i deleted it.

Amy said...

OMG I hear you, when I don't have the net at work, I want to stab myself in the eye, and I wanna stab the person next to me too.