Wednesday, January 23, 2008

RIP Heath Ledger

Dare I even talk about it? It's a sad sad thing when someone with so much potential goes down the wrong path. I mean I don't know all the details but we get the gist of what probably happened. Of course it can't be confirmed until the autopsy but still. He's my age you know. He had a beautiful 2 yr old daughter. Like I could never even begin to imagine doing anything to jeopardize my time with my daughter (who will also be 2 this year). It's a sad thing when people are so overtaken by emotion they don't know how to handle it other than substance abuse. In my family there is a lot of alcoholism (my whole father's side) but luckily I don't believe any of the kids have fallen trap yet. I know I personally don't think I ever will. I mean there was a time when I would get up and have a beer but hello it was vacation and I was young. Now I know better. It's just things like this that really make you take a good look at yourself and the people around you. Remember even if your in pain and you want to hurt yourself so badly, think about the people you are leaving behind that you will be hurting even more. I've seen almost every single one of Heath Ledger's movies. He was a really likable guy on screen, and I've seen the preview for Batman and WOW he had a promising long future ahead of him. That movie is going to make money. But we'll never know now. Moment of silence for another lost soul.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I just couldn't look at him the same after Brokeback....Man you're a Brain Stalker! But hey he's a hottie who's actually entertaining to read...not that I ever comment on anyones blog (or even my own frakkin blog)